Why do I need a pre-purchase inspection?
The reality is, buying a home is one of the largest financial commitments a person will make in their life! So why would you shop blind! We know that in Australia, 1 in 3 homes are sold with a major defect, which, had the home been inspected by one of our trained and experienced building inspectors, would have been picked up! Further, this can then be used a leverage for price negotiations which could save you thousands on the purchase price!
One of the main reasons that we recommend pre purchase building inspections in Adelaide is the fact that sellers will often place a ‘band aid’ solution over items that could raise concern to an untrained eye. For instance, we often see crack repairs both internally and to external brickwork that can be difficult to pick up without the kind of analysis that our building inspectors provide. Without a trained inspector going over the property as thoroughly as we do, you are liable to miss these ‘quick fix’ short-term solutions to property damage, that could cost you thousands in the long run!
Often when purchasing a property, it is an exciting and emotional time! It is easy to fall so quickly in love with a property, that you overlook key steps that will help you to avoid purchasing a property that has pre-existing structural damage. Because of how quickly things can move during this process, it is so important to prioritise a building inspection be organised within your cooling off period. Don’t let your excitement lead you to make a decision that will cost you thousands in the long run! Preserve your peace of mind; Have a chat to one of our trained, experienced and insured Adelaide building inspectors today!
We Can Inspect
Exterior of house
Interior of House
Buying a home?
Don’t let your excitement lead you to make a decision that will cost you thousands in the long run! Preserve your peace of mind; Have a chat to one of our trained, experienced and insured Adelaide building inspectors today!
WHICH AREAS OF THE PROPERTY ARE INSPECTED?
- Roof exterior
- Roof interior (roof void)
- Under the floor (if applicable)
- Interior and exterior of the house
- Other structures on the property like garages, car ports and sheds
- The site itself including drainage, retaining walls and fencing
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
There will always be exclusions but we are up front about what these are and we will help you make an individual assessment about the level of risk they present in each home.
- Issues related compliance with the building regulations and acts.
- Anything below ground (footage, draining, soil conditions)
- Anything concealed within the walls like insulation, plumbing and electric wiring.
- Too high? Second story roofs can be inspected by prior arrangement.
- Explanation of title or ownership matters, zonings.
ADDITIONAL INSPECTION OPTIONS
- Asbestos Inspections (Visual and Sampling)
- Premium Inspections (includes inspection of
- Electrical, Plumbing and Gas facilities)
- Smoke Alarm and Detector Inspections
- Pool Safety Inspections
If we believe that you require further specialist inspections, we will recommend them accordingly.
Ⓒ Jim's Building Inspections 2019. All rights reserved